6 Most Comfortable Flats For Women
From the moment your feet hit the floor each morning, they’re multitasking masters. Whether you’re running to catch that bus, taking the stairs, or racing to a meeting, it’s clear they deserve shoes that can accomplish just as much. We’re talking about shoes that look and feel amazing on your feet from dusk to dawn.
When it comes to comfortable shoes for women that earn points in both comfort and style, flats take the cake.
Whether at home, work, or play, a shoe is the glue that holds an outfit together. Luckily, you don’t have to sacrifice comfort to find a shoe that fits your aesthetic. From mules and D’Orsays to slippers and sandals, classic and comfortable flats for women come in styles for everyone.
#1 Black Leather Slipper
A black leather slipper like the Darcy works beautifully both at home and at happy hour. Black never goes out of fashion, and leather adds sophistication to any look. Incorporate the timeless lines of a smoking slipper to make a strong style statement.
Thanks to the versatility of black leather flats, you have endless styling options with this type of flat shoe:
- Go monochrome with an all-black ensemble and a pop of colorful lipstick.
- Add a black leather jacket and black leather belt to complement the texture of the shoe.
- Layer beige, browns, and black in various textiles for an elevated neutral look.
Black leather flats are truly shoes that go with everything; you can’t go wrong with a pair.
#2 Leopard Print Flats
It’s official—leopard print is the new neutral, and, therefore, a must-have for your comfortable flat shoe collection. A buttery-soft, leopard-printed suede flat like the Darcy in shades of nude makes for a stylish choice for a formal evening or a night out on the town.
But, what to wear with leopard print shoes? Here’s how to incorporate a leopard-print flat into your look:
- Pair with tailored slacks and a flowy blouse.
- To contrast your neutral foundation, pair with bright primaries for a fun flair.
- Let the print be the star and partner with a classic little black dress.
#3 D’Orsay Flats
A D’Orsay flat in two-toned neutrals like the Jutti D’Orsay can keep you cool as the weather warms up—but it sacrifices no style. With a pointed toe and a silhouette that reveals the arch of the foot, D’Orsay flats create a lengthening visual effect that is sure to make an impact. The feminine lines and mixed natural textures will add a unique element to your look. Plus, this comfortable flat features a cushioned insole for extra comfort as you're turning heads in the Fashion District of New York.
Take inspiration from these D’Orsay flat styling ideas:
- Embrace the balletcore trend and pair your flats with a fluffy tulle skirt and camisole top.
- Evoke resort vibes with wide-leg linen pants and a crisp white blouse.
- Accessorize with a mixed texture shoulder bag that echoes the materials of the shoe.
#4 Slip-On Mules
The ultimate style for ease and comfort, slip on a supple leather mule like the Jade Leather and head out for the day knowing you look casual-cool. With an OrthoLite® comfortable footbed, a rubber sole, and a slight mini wedge heel, whether walking your pooch or perusing the local farmer’s market, a mule will be your go-to casual walking shoe.
Check out these ways to wear your mules:
- Elevate your casual cool-girl style by pairing them with distressed jeans and a plain white tee.
- Make running errands a breeze in overalls and a casual tank top paired with mules.
- Walk off the runway and pair your mules with an on-trend mini skirt and bright tote bag.
#5 Classic Almond-Toe Flats
A classic almond-toe flat like the Jutti Neat is the perfect transitional shoe for your wardrobe. It’s one of the best flats for work while being versatile enough for a night on the town, and the traditional shape and ergonomic design can keep you moving in chic comfort. Whether you prefer soft black suede or textiles in neutral shades, the styling options for an almond-toe flat are seemingly endless.
Try these styles for your almond-toe flats outfits:
- Channel Audrey Hepburn and pair your flats with black cigarette pants and a form-fitting turtleneck.
- Try color-blocked bright and bold separates for a modern take on classic shapes.
- Evoke timeless elegance with another ode to Audrey: a trench coat, big sunglasses, and a simple chignon when heading out for breakfast (at Tiffany’s).
#6 T-Bar Sandals
When the sunshine doesn’t stop, a pair of women's sandals are the perfect flat to keep your feet breezy. Soak up the sun in a strappy T-bar sandal like the Bree while sipping mojitos at a beachside cabana bar or cheering for your favorite band at a weekend music festival. This comfortable flat shoe is one of our favorite shoes to wear with skirts, featuring soft suede and an adjustable buckle, making channeling boho chic a breeze.
What to wear with your sandals:
- Pull on a flowing, floral print maxi dress and pop on a pair of retro sunglasses.
- Accessorize with bohemian chandelier earrings and a fringed leather shoulder bag.
- Lounge poolside in style with a wide-brimmed hat and Indian cotton caftan.
Put Your Best Foot Forward with TOMS
From morning till night, your feet are taking you places—but you don’t have to surrender your comfort to step out in style. The days of suffering for fashion are a thing of the past, and comfort is the new norm.
Put aside your stilettos and make comfy flats your new wardrobe staple. Whatever your style, a comfortable pair of flats can elevate your look—and with a pair featuring TOMS OrthoLite® insoles, you’ll feel like you’re walking on clouds.
TOMS offers cute and comfortable women's flats for every aesthetic. Whether you’re modern boho, cottagecore cute, or crisp and clean chic, trust in TOMS to dress your toes, and find the best flats that suit your style today.
- Harper’s Bazaar. 12 Trends That Define 2022 So Far. https://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/trends/a38518154/fashion-trends-2022/
- Nylon. Balletcore Is The Latest Aesthetic To Take The Internet By Storm. https://www.nylon.com/fashion/balletcore-aesthetic
Reviewed By Andrew David Stewart
Andrew David Stewart is the Manager of Digital Marketing at TOMS and has been working in the digital marketing and social media world for 6 years. Andrew is a lover of nature and the outdoors, and is passionate about telling stories through digital media.