5 Sandals to Wear With Dresses This Spring
Every year, Spring brings about exciting new changes—budding green leaves, brightly-colored crocuses, and sun-soaked days. It usually stirs up a few changes in your wardrobe, too. It’s time to store away the bulky knit sweaters and heavy puffer coats of winter and step out onto green grasses in floral prints, strappy sandals, and sundresses.
As you start to dream of spring outfits, you might be tired of those mundane flip flops and find yourself wondering what sandals to wear with dresses. A classic wedge heel, a strappy gladiator sandals, a sporty-chic platform—the possibilities are practically endless.
No matter what your seasonal style looks like, we’ve got a sandal for you. Read on to find out what sandals to wear with dresses this spring.
#1 Wedge Sandals
The wedge heel is a classic for a reason—they’ve been around since the 1930s! Easy to dress up or dress down, you can pair a wedge sandal with any number of outfits for a look that’s comfortable and chic. The extra height that you get from a wedge sandal provides an effortless lift to any outfit, while the woven rope heel gives it a fun, nautical feel that’s perfect for spring or summer.
Try these styles on for size:
- For an elevated but beachy look, consider adding a neutral wedge with a peep-toe or a suede mule.
- If you want to take your wedge heels from day to night, consider a more dressy style like a black wedge heel with an ankle strap or a glamorous slingback paired with a sweater dress.
- Pair your wedges with a patterned maxi dress for an easy yet elegant spring look.
#2 Cork Sandals
Looking for a groovy, retro-inspired ensemble? Cork-heeled sandals give you the perfect touch of vintage style with a modern, Californian twist. Try a flowy midi dress or cork sandals with jeans for an effortlessly cool, 70s-inspired fit. Finish it off with your favorite gold accessories for a look that’s straight out of Laurel Canyon.
#3 Platform Sandals
A platform sandal can provide a clever contrast to a short spring dress. These chunky, flat sandals provide a boost of height that helps to elongate your frame when wearing a mini dress or a mini skirt. Plus, the adjustable leather straps will keep you feeling supported as you strut through the season.
Try pairing this platform shoe with:
- A floral wrap dress
- Wide-leg pants
- Tailored linen shorts
- A sporty mini skirt
#4 Cutout Sandals
Looking for something a little dressier than your everyday sandal? Adding a sandal with a block heel and stylish cutouts into your rotation is a clever way to dress up any of your outfits, transforming an ordinary look into something that’s one-of-a-kind.
For an ultra-polished look, consider adding a closed-toed sandal in white or muted stone grey to your wardrobe. With a walkable three-inch heel and a cushiony OrthoLite® insole, these are some of the best walking sandals for women; you’ll be able to dance the night away without having to rest your feet in between songs. Plus, these offer a sophisticated touch for dressier spring occasions, like an outdoor wedding or a graduation ceremony.
If you’re after an open-toe option, a cutout sandal can take even the simplest of outfits to the next level of style. If you go for a sandal with a bright or colorful print, pair it with a simple but complementary dress, like a strappy black dress. Opting for a more neutral sandal in black or beige? Mix it up with your dress—try a floral print or a playful gingham red dress. Whatever style you choose, these are definitely one of our most comfortable sandals for women.
#5 Casual Sandals
Sometimes all you want is an outfit that’s easy to throw on while still looking stylish and polished. When that mood strikes, look for casual sandals to pair with dresses, as they’re the best shoes for a simple but trendy spring look.
Kick back—we’ve done the pairing for you:
- Classic yet modern – A fun modern spin on the classic gladiator sandals, a strappy leather sandal looks chic when paired with a light, breezy sundress and makes it easy to go from picnics in the park to dinner out. Go classic with brown or black leather, or mix it up with a leopard-print strap. If you’re looking for something a little more unique, try a T-bar sandal inspired by Indian handcrafted Kohlapuri sandals. These sandals feature a soft suede upper and would shine when coupled with an overalls-style dress for a playful spring look.
- Sporty and sassy – Is sporty more your style? Try a sandal with a sawtooth outsole for a fashionable take on the athleisure trend. Pair it with a simple black dress with chunky gold accents for an artsy look, or add a simple shift dress for an effortlessly fashionable look.
Maybe you’re just looking for something easy to slip on and off as you go explore. After all, it’s nearly beach season. If that’s you, pack a page-turning book, a pair of cute slides, and unwind in the sun. These pair best with a strappy sundress or a breezy tunic-style dress.
Revive Your Closet with Freshly-Picked Sandals at TOMS
Sandals are the ideal way to get you and your wardrobe in the mood for spring. Follow our tips to make pairing them with your favorite dresses as easy as smelling those springtime flowers.
Whatever shape your spring style takes, count on TOMS to bring you the freshest fashion picks for your feet.
Reviewed By Andrew David Stewart
Andrew David Stewart is the Manager of Digital Marketing at TOMS and has been working in the digital marketing and social media world for 6 years. Andrew is a lover of nature and the outdoors, and is passionate about telling stories through digital media.
LeafTV. The History of Wedge Shoes. https://www.leaf.tv/articles/the-history-of-wedge-shoes/