4 Espadrilles Outfits to Rock for Women
While their rope soles might make you think they’re simple, espadrilles are anything but. So, what are espadrilles exactly and how can I style them? Deceptively casual, espadrilles are the perfect shoe for women that can be a fabulous look for date night or even a day at the office when worn right.
If you’re only enjoying your espadrilles in the summer, you might be asking yourself how you can wear them all year round. Fortunately, there are many different styles, from trying a grungy fall look to going for a chic, elevated ensemble.
This article will cover our top four espadrilles outfits to help you step up your footwear game in a major way.
#1 Embrace the Grunge
When you think of a classic espadrille, does your mind immediately go to flowy summer dresses and a lounge chair by the pool? While espadrilles can be a summer shoe, it’s easy to pull away from that vibe if it’s not your style.
In fact, you can go in the opposite direction by trying more of a grunge fall look with your espadrille shoe. To embrace this aesthetic:
- Pair with plaid – Plaid is a must for any grunge outfit. You can incorporate this print in various ways, from a classic flannel top to a fun plaid dress.
- Layer your look – Try a fun layered look when you hit that fall transition weather. For example, putting a white shirt over a dress and adding your espadrilles is a cool way to rock the grunge style.
#2 Keep It Basic
The minimalist vibe is in, meaning that a toned-down, basic look is an excellent answer to the question of how to wear espadrilles. Plus, there are so many different directions you can take this aesthetic. No matter your fashion sense, you can find a simple, classy look to suit it.
A common worry when keeping it basic is the fear that your outfit might look a bit more one-note than you want. To make sure your basic outfits look as chic as you’re picturing them in your head:
- Play with texture – Wearing neutral colors like a white top and simpler pieces places more emphasis on the smaller details of your outfit, such as its textures. Espadrilles are a fun choice with any simple outfit since the texture of the rope is sure to stand out against what you’re wearing. The Willow tan platform heel is a great example of captivating texture.
- Add simple accessories – If an outfit is simple, it’s easy for accessories to overwhelm it and become the star of the show. Try wearing simple accessories in classic colors such as white, gold, silver, or black to maintain balance.
Keeping these tips in mind when going for a basic outfit will deliver the impact of a fully styled look with much less effort.
#3 Opt for a Chic Day Look
If you’re going to the park with friends, heading to your favorite restaurant for brunch, or taking an afternoon stroll around the neighborhood, espadrilles might not be the first pair of shoes you reach for.
But an espadrille sandal can be the exact shoe you need to take your casual daytime outfit to the next level—chic. Here’s how you can wear them:
- If you’re going to be walking around a bit, flat espadrilles will make sure your feet stay comfortable while providing an eye-catching boost to your look.
- If you’re headed to a restaurant, movie, or picnic, our wedge espadrilles with a heel are a cute choice. These platform shoes can elevate a daytime look without going overboard.
#4 Style an Office Ensemble
Don’t let your espadrilles gather dust while you’re at the office. Instead, shake off your flats or wedges and wear them with your business clothes. While espadrilles might not be what comes to mind when you think of office shoes, they can be the perfect way to combine comfort and business-casual style.
To properly incorporate espadrilles into your work wardrobe, keep the following styling guidelines in mind:
- Go for darker shades – While your bright-colored green and red espadrilles might be fun for a walk on the beach or a casual meet-up with friends, they might not look as appropriate in an office setting as black or dark blue ones would.
- Wear them with skirts – Espadrilles look fantastic with skirts. As a result, it’s easy to embrace this natural affinity and pair them with pencil skirts or office-appropriate midis.
Find Your Favorite Espadrilles with TOMS
Espadrilles are a top choice when it comes to shoes that offer versatility, comfort, and style. Even though you can incorporate them into many different looks, they remain a unique, eye-catching shoe because of their material and design. And knowing how to clean espadrilles to keep them looking fresh all year round is also important to consider when purchasing your first pair.
If you’re looking to up your espadrille game and find a pair that can be styled in any of the above four ways, you can end your search with TOMS. Our comfy espadrille flats and wedges are the perfect shoes to put on, no matter where you’re going or what you’re wearing. Plus, they come in a variety of colors and patterns, so you’re sure to find a pair that suits your style.
If you’re ready to fall in love with a pair of espadrilles, browse our selection today.
Reviewed By Andrew David Stewart
Andrew David Stewart is the Manager of Digital Marketing at TOMS and has been working in the digital marketing and social media world for 6 years. Andrew is a lover of nature and the outdoors, and is passionate about telling stories through digital media.
Teen Vogue. Go for the Grunge! How to Rock the Trend Your Way. https://www.teenvogue.com/gallery/how-to-dress-grunge
Glamour. The Secrets of Chic (& Simple) Style. https://www.glamour.com/story/the-secrets-of-chic-and-simple-style