Did you know seeing means succeeding? Individuals with vision often have to give up their jobs or other income generating activities.
Did you know vision leads to gender equality? 2/3 of people who are blind are female.
Did you know seeing opens the door to knowledge? Over 12 million children worldwide have visual impairment that can be improved with glasses.
Did you know sight paves the way to freedom? With restored vision people can go to work, help at home, walk independently and rejoin their communities.
285 million people around the world are visually impaired or blind, but 80% don't have to be. Together (TOMS + you!), we can raise awareness for global visual impairment by supporting World Sight Day on October 10, 2013.
Help us break the cycle. This year, World Sight Day is on 10/10/13, and we want YOU to get involved! Here are 5 easy ways you can join us in being a voice for change this World Sight Day:
1. Share this post and help spread the basic education of global blindness and vision impairment with your social community.
2. Tweet, post on Facebook or Instagram of a photo of yourself wearing your sunglasses inside (and throw on the hashtag: #BESHADY).
3. We created limited edition silhouettes of TOMS Eyewear just for World Sight Day coming but we have a whole new fall line for you to shop now! While you're at it, learn more about how to be part of the solution with TOMS Eyewear. With every pair of TOMS Eyewear you purchase, TOMS will help restore sight to a person in need. One for One.®
4. And after you share… sign off! Shut down the computer, and start a conversation, bringing this community awareness full-circle. Talk with your friends, family, classmate, teachers, students, neighbors, etc. about how you can unite for sight on 10/10/13, and help change the way the world sees.
5. Download the toolkit– get tats, stickers and more information. Share them. Education is key. Curious to see more about World Sight Day? You can check out some of the action from last year here: [http://toms.tumblr.com/tagged/World+Sight+Day/]