Every year, we like to traverse our catalog of Giving photos from around the world. From Giving Trips to Giving Partners, these are some of our favorites from 2013.
1. 2013 saw the launch of TOMS' expanded U.S. Giving strategy. With the help of more than five U.S. Giving Partners, TOMS distributes new shoes to children in over 35 states. Learn more here.
2. We love seeing images from the field. Our lead Sight Giving Partner, Seva Foundation, sent us this one of local Cambodians being trained to help screen for potential eye health issues in their community. Learn more about how TOMS gives sight: www.toms.com/our-movement
3. Giving Partner OfERR sent us this image. OfERR distributes new TOMS Shoes to Tamil refugee children in India as part of programs in health and education assistance.
4. This was our first-ever Giving image on Instagram and our TOMS community on social media LOVED it! We couldn't help but repost this image of a woman who just had her sight restored through a TOMS-supported cataract surgery from our Giving Partner, Seva Foundation.
5. At TOMS, we believe giving shouldn't come with hidden costs. That's why we help cover all aspects of the process — from shipping to distribution. We love this picture from one of our Giving Partners in Zanzibar. Talk about dedication to getting shoes to children in remote communities!
6. This year, our Giving Trip team was able to send our first group of employees on a Sight Giving Trip. To learn more about the experience, read this awesome interview from our GM of Eyewear, Jeff.
7. Sometimes, the best part of giving new TOMS Shoes is seeing how eager children are to run around play. Kids being kids!
8. In 2013, we also spent some time in Hunts Point in the Bronx, learning about how Sight Giving Partner Helen Keller International provides new prescription glasses to children in low-income areas of the United States. TOMS helps support this in New York, California and New Mexico. Read more about HKI's ChildSight program here.
9. This past summer, we made a commitment to produce 1/3 of all of TOMS Giving Shoes in countries where we give. In this picture, Giving Partner Carolina for Kibera's jump rope club helped test new Giving Shoes produced locally by our first manufacturer in Kenya.
10. And finally, we headed to El Salvador to visit Giving Partner AmeriCares' health clinic to see children like Yaiza receive new shoes. Click here to watch how a simple decision can impact a child's life.